HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 27, 2017, 08:34:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search

News
FOR THOSE LOOKING TO REGISTER, please clickety here for information.

Stats
5642 Posts in 1967 Topics by 745 Members
Latest Member: Balthazars Revenge
+ 
|-+  Discussion
| |-+  Fic Chatter
| | |-+  Fanfiction Meme
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Fanfiction Meme  (Read 10111 times)
scottishfae
Fellowship of the Fic
Fiction Junkie

I want to live entangling my fantasies w/ reality.

View Profile WWW
« on: September 06, 2010, 06:47:09 PM »

Do you read or write fanfiction?
I do both, though I've been reading more lately than writing.

When did you first start reading/writing fanfiction?
Started reading in 2000; started writing in 2002

What was your first fandom?
Gundam Wing

First ship?
Heero x Duo

What website do you use most?
Like everyone else I started with fanfiction.net. Then moved onto LJ and Adultfanfiction.net.* I also was a huge fan of MediaMiner.org back when they still were active. But the artists mass left for deviantArt & even the mods seem to have disappeared some.
*This was the answer from the person I grabbed it from. But it's the same answer I have, so I left it.

What do you think of Fanfiction.net?
It used to be cool when they used to have the old rating system....but then all the 12 year olds started flooding in.* When they started changing their policies & banning authors for A/Ns, I stopped going for a long time. Now I go there as it's the main site people go to; however, it's not my favorite & I frequent AAF & MMO a lot more still.
*This was the answer from the person I grabbed it from. But it's the same answer I have, so I left it.

What fandoms have you written in?
Inuyasha, YuYu Hakusho, Naruto, One Piece, Ouran High School Host Club, Hunter x Hunter, Kyou Kara Maou, Fruits Basket

Pairings?
Inuyasha x Kagome, Sesshomaru x Kagome; Hiei x Kagome, Kurama x Kagome; Naruto x Sasuke, Naruto x Gaara, Naruto x Shikamaru, Temari x Shikamaru, Naruto x Neji, Sakura x Shino; Zoro x Luffy, Smoker x Ace; Kyouya x Haruhi, Tamaki x Haruhi, Mori x Haruhi, Kasanoda x Haruhi, Kasanoda x Mori; Killua x Gon; Wolfram x Yuuri, Conrad x Yuuri; Yuki x Tohru, Yuki x Kyou, Kyou x Tohru, Hatsuharu x Yuki, Hatsuharu x Tohru, Hatsuharu x Kyou, Hatori x Tohru

Any fandoms you would like to write in?
While I have written several One Piece fics, I actually haven't posted them anywhere yet. I haven't decided if they're worthy of such a spectacular series or fandom yet. I also have a couple of Fullmetal Alchemist stories that I'd like to finish & post.

Do reviews affect how you write in any way?
I try not to, but I can get down on myself easily. When I first started writing, I was more immature than I like to admit. I don't believe I ever held my stories hostage for reviews; however, I  know I would let them change my story & affect when I updated. Good, nice reviews still motivate me to write more though.

Do you use a beta?
I do for Unexpected Endeavors, but not usually. I should. But I'm often too excited about a story that I want to post it immediately.

What ratings do you read/write?
I read any & everything (w/ a few genre exceptions; I don't like bondage or rape stories). I tend to be the same w/ my writing. Though, I rarely write lemons. If I can't write it well & and make it non-cliche, I won't post it. So, there ya go.

What warnings have you used on your fiction?
M/M, yaoi, shonen-ai, language

Do you have any squicks?
Like I said before, I don't really like bondage or rape fics. Other than that, I can tolerate a lot.

Do you Role-play online? If so, what?
Nope.

Have you ever stolen something from another person's work?
I've never plagiarized anything. I have read other stories and gotten ideas; and I often mimic the writing style of the stories/books I'm reading (unconsciously, of course).

Favorite fandom to write/read?
Read: Gundam Wing, One Piece, FMA
Write: It used to be IY, but the fandom has gone to crap. Same w/ Naruto. Now I'm kind of looking for a good fandom to get accepted into.

Favorite pairing?
Favorites...too many. I can narrow it down to top three: Naruto x Shikamaru, Zoro x Luffy, Heero x Duo.
I'm coming to love the Sakura x Shino pairing though. And I do adore a well written Roy x Ed & Sesshomaru x Kagome.

Favorite writer/writers?
Questofdreams, quirkyslayer, Zrina, Monkey Lady, Hikari ni michita sora, BelleDayNight, Caroline Michelle , Demonlordlover, Dyna Dee, LaraWinner, Sandra E,  snowdragonct....this is my short list. Or, in other words, the list of ones that I could get to easily. But the list of my favorites WAY exceeds this. There are tons & I'm happy to call some of them my friends.

How long should a chapter be?
It varies for me. I use to like to write really long chapters w/ needless details. Instead, I like chapters that move the plot along while painting a fair picture for me.

Do you write/read drabbles?
Yes, I do; on both accounts.

Any fandoms you avoid?
I can't bring myself to write in live-action fandoms. Don't know why; just a weird trait of mine, I suppose. In the anime fandom I try to avoid the ones as they get lots of attention in the US. Anything that has been on cartoon network I try to stay far, far away. Or, as is the case for many, I try to get out of the ones I"m part of as they're flooded with the tweens.

Pairings you avoid?
I don't like it when canon characters are paired up with OCs. It's obnoxious. Even if it's a side romance; not every character has to be paired up. I hate the Naruto x Hinata pairing; and, except for a few exceptions, I hate Sakura w/ anyone. But that's b/c I really don't like her as a character.

Warnings you avoid?
Same as my squicks. Unless I know the author's work already (and thus know they're a good writer), I avoid mpreg. Most mpregs are the authors way of doing a yaoi pairing but treating them as a het pairing.

Do the number of reviews tell how good a story is?
Absolutely not. On FFN it seems the opposite is true. More reviews means the less mature an author is. People love bad fiction (hence why Twilight is popular; no offense to those who are fans of it). Plus, many people who review only do "update soon," which hardly counts as anything. While many amazing fics do get the reviews they deserve; many only get a few. I try to review the really good ones but do so w/ a meaty review. After all, these authors put a lot of work in their fics, and I want to show how I appreciate w/ just as much careful thought as they put in (or at least, comparable for a word capped review).

What do you think of Mary Sues?
...I will avoid this rant. I don't read them; I don't like them. Seriously, no!

Have you ever flamed someone?
I don't see the point of flaming. If you don't like something, then don't read it. However, I have reviewed, angrily, a fanfiction that was plagiarizing a doujinshi. I wasn't rude, but explained to them that what they were doing was wrong, that I reported them, and that they needed to take down the story at once.

Have you ever been flamed?
Yes, actually. The person was hateful to a one-shot story I wrote in the IY fandom, while I was having trouble writing UE. This person went through the efforts of rating ALL my stories with a 1 plus (on AFF), & reviewing almost all of them w/ hateful remarks telling ppl to do the same b/c I was working on other stories instead of UE. Luckily for me, I was a Scout on AFF at the time; they look for plagues, trolls, flamers, minors & other likewise nasty & rule breaking people. They were banned not too long from that.
The Lady Meow
Fellowship of the Fic
Fiction Junkie

I'm an acquired taste

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 06:12:24 PM »

Both!

Wow... um... 2000 or 2001 I think... it was around the sixth season of Buffy. I know that, lol.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer--totally stumbled onto fanfiction through reading episode recaps.

First ship?
Buffy/Spike

Um... Fanfiction.net mostly because of all the categories. MediaMiner.org was my favorite for a long time when I went into my Inuyasha phase, but I came back to Fanfiction.net because it offered more than just anime.

I like it, but only because of the diversity it offers that I haven't been able to find anywhere else.

Inuyasha, American Dragon; Jake Long, Sly Cooper

Pairings?
Buffy/Spike, Willow/Tara, Buffy/Xander, Buffy/Faith, Spike/Drusilla, Buffy/Willow, Buffy/Tara, Kagome/Inuyasha, Kagome/Naraku, Kagome/Ayame, Kagome/Kouga, Sango/Miroku, Kagome/Sesshomaru, Kagome/Miroku, Kagome/Sango, Courtney/Gwen, Courtney/Duncan, Courtney/Trent, Courtney/Justin, Heather/DJ, Heather/Alejandro, Chris/Blainley, Geoff/Bridgette, Izzy/Owen, Courtney/Izzy, Courtney/Heather, Heather/Lindsay, Geoff/Gwen, Kaoru/Kenshin, Carmelita/Sly, Penelope/Bentley, Rose/Jake, Trixie/Rose, Trixie/Spud, Stacy/Spud, Icy/Bloom, Icy/Valtor, Ryoko/Tenchi, Ryoko/Ayaka, Belle/Ariel, Kagome/Kurama, Belle/Beast, Belle/Gaston, Nikki/Jonesy, Jen/Wyatt, Esmeralda/Pheobus, Esmeralda/Frollo, Lydia/Beetlejuice, Shego/Drakken, Shego/Kim, Wendy/Hook... that's all I can think of right now.

I plan to write for Buffy and for the Total Drama series--I have a fic idea for both.

Not really, but the reviews do tend to remind me about stories when they haven't been on my mind in a while.

Do you use a beta?
Nope

I read everything.

Yuri and character death... yeah... that's the only warning I've ever had to use. I write tame stories--planning to do something more risque in the future.

Do you have any squicks?
Anal and not too crazy about M/M sex scenes--but that has more to do with a distaste for anal.

Yes, but only my original ideas not for any fandom.

No, but I'll get ideas based off of something I read sometimes, but it's never the same.

Read: Buffy, Inuyasha, TD series, anything I see on TV or the movies.
Write: Inuyasha and American Dragon; Jake Long, but I'll soon be done with them as fandom favorites as I'm getting sick of them.

Favorite pairing?
I have a lot of favorites but the pairings I've written for are Carmelita/Sly, Kagome/Inuyasha, Kagome/Ayame, Kagome/Kouga (future fic idea) and Rose/Jake.

Favorite writer/writers?
Crazy Cat Lady, Unbridled Brunette, TrudiRose, and KameTerra are my current top favorites.

Long enough to tell a decent story--as long as it's detailed enough to paint a picture and get the story moving along. But two or three paragraphs is unacceptable. Make it at least two or three pages.

No, they annoy me.

Any fandoms you avoid?
Only fandoms that I refuse to watch/read (if it's a book fandom).

Pairings you avoid?
Not really, I'll give most things a try. Even OC romances, but only if it's a side pairing and the OC is well developed. I also avoid M/M pairings--hypocritical yes as I love F/F--not that I hate gay men, I just don't want to read about them... or watch them.

Warnings you avoid?
Yaoi

No way, especially when most reviews are just squealing fan girls begging the author to update soon.

I hate them. I hate explaining what they are. I won't read anything with them.

No. I've strongly criticized someone, but never flamed them.

Yes. By this one guy in the Sly Cooper fandom, he wrote a long review about how my story was an affront to nature and is why fathers rape their daughters and parents kill their babies--I don't remember all of it. He copy and pasted the same review to each one of my chapters. He did the same thing to several other Carmelita/Sly authors so I was actually waiting my turn. I e-mailed him back several times that he blocked me--I told him that I was hurt that he didn't even bother to show some originality and give me my own flame. He was banned eventually.

Another time, when I was just starting out as a fanfiction writer, I wasn't exactly flamed but I was criticized in an extremely and overly mean way. However, it did help me grow as a writer.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 07:05:45 PM by The Lady Meow » Logged

A rose without thorns is no rose at all

My FF.Net Stories
My MM.Org
Penthesileia
Fellowship of the Fic
Avid Reader

Even Death has a heart. (The Book Thief)

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2010, 09:16:54 PM »

It's usually both, though I've been writing a lot more then reading lately.

When I was in 7th grade. I still remember that I started writing over Christmas break at my dad's house since I had my own computer in my room.

Inuyasha

First ship?
Inuyasha/Kagome

I post the most on fanfiction.net and MMO but I read almost entirely on AFF now. It's easier to find good fics on there, but I don't think my own stuff is quite 'adult' enough to be posted on it.

I like how user-friendly it is. I'm not very tech-savvy but I don't have many problems uploading things. I don't like some of their weird policies about author's notes and replies though.

Inuyasha.

Pairings?
Inuyasha/Kagome, Kagome/Sesshomaru, Sesshomaru/Rin, Sesshomaru/Kagura, Hiten/Kagura, Sango/Miroku, Kouga/Ayame, Kikyo/Naraku

Maybe Twilight. I've got a ton of research about vamps from a paper I did in high school, and I think I can write it a lot better then Stephanie Meyer.

They don't affect plot too much, but they can nudge me into writing if I get writer's block or go a few months without a update. I get seriously upset over bad ones and that'll keep me from writing until I can get out of my funk.

Do you use a beta?
God yes. My grammer sucks. I'd be dead without one.

Everything. As long as the story is good, I'm fine. I'm hard to offend. 

Yaoi, anguage, and lemons. One of my characters just slit her wrists though so I should add that somewhere...

Do you have any squicks?
Descriptive rape. Story's where the main character cheats or already has a significant other when they meet 'the one'.

Nope.

Never. I had a reviewer accuse me of it once, but since the review was unsigned and I never got reported for it, I let it go. 

Read: Inuyasha, Harry Potter, Kenshin
Write: Inuyasha

Favorite pairing?
Hermione/Draco, Inuyasha/Kagome, Sesshomaru/Kagura, Kaoru/Battousai

Favorite writer/writers?
I don't have nearly enough room to list as many as I would like to.

I try to write at least 10 pages before posting. It's only less if it's a first or a last chapter.

I read them if they're from an author I already like.

Any fandoms you avoid?
The kiddie ones.

Pairings you avoid?
Anything with a OOC., I've only ever read 2 stories where it works.

Warnings you avoid?

Sex with dead stuff. Stupid Bella Swan

Depends on the story. I've read horrible stories that have over a thousand reviews and amazing fics that don't have as many as they should. Though as an author who just passed the thousand mark, I think they're a great indicator.  Wink

Only good for parodies. Or if they die in the first sentence.

Never have, never will.

Yes. I've gotten at least two. One when I was first starting out, and another one who accused me of stealing my story idea. Considering they never told me exactly what I had plagiarized, I couldn't figure out where I had 'taken' it from.

"Writing is easy. You only need to stare at a blank piece of paper until your forehead bleeds." -Douglas Adams
Kagome357
New

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2010, 07:55:10 PM »

Read it...retired from the Inuverse as of 10/10.

Around 2007 at Ficwad, moved to FF.net and wrote my first story soon after that.

Inuyasha

First ship?
Kagome/Inuyasha, then I read "Risks in the Dark" by Trouble in ShangriLa and became Sesshomaru/Kagome and never looked back.

FF.net, I started out on Ficwad, Spark when it was open, a few others, LiveJournal.  Right now I'm weighing my options.  I might use a True Blood site instead of FF.net.

It's alright...no better or worse than any other site.

Inuyasha for now.

Pairings?
Sess/Kagome but I've done Koga/Ayame, Sango/Miroku, Inuyasha/Kikyo, Sango/Tsukuyomaru, Grandpa/Kaede, a few others.

Moving to True Blood next year.

No.

Do you use a beta?
No.

I'll read any rated story if it's good.
As far as what I write, I'm all the way from K to X.  I'm an adult, after all.

NC-17, X, twisted humor (I have a weird sense of humor)

Do you have any squicks?
I don't know what this means but I'm taking it to mean something you won't touch.  In that case, yaoi/Yuri, MPreg (I wish a man COULD get pregnant!), rape, incest, pedophilia, Inucest (yuck).  If a story goes past 45 chapters, I'll stop reading it until it's finished.    

No.  I don't get this concept.  I don't knock it, but eh, no.

I think most people borrow from other writer's staples.  For example, most use the biting as solidifying the mating between the human and the demon.  I take a concept like that and expand it...in this instance, I take the biting but add an elixir to extend the mate's life.  I don't think the biting is enough.

Write:  Inuyasha
Read:  Inuyasha, True Blood

Favorite pairing?
Sesshomaru/Kagome

Favorite writer/writers?
Trouble_in_Shangri-La, elle6778, Demonlordlover, Beermoney5, iloveprettysilverhair, hasu86, inufairy-akay, Mistress Sianna, LC Rose, lonelylark, Kanna37...a few more I'm drawing blanks on.

As Queen of the Really Long Chapters, it should be as long as it needs to be but if it doesn't connect with the reader, then you've written a really long sucky piece of poop.  You have to be careful with long chapters to not find yourself babbling because you're in the zone. A well thought out story board will give your long chapter, or any story for that matter, cohesiveness.

No...well, I've written a couple of drabble series but in my defense, the stories only went for several chapters and were mostly finished before I posted them.  Right now I only read drabbles of my favorite writers.  I think most people have gotten lost in the drabbolution and have put their multi chaptered works off way too long.  I'll drop the story and the writer for this.  

Any fandoms you avoid?
Crossovers, especially crossovers with anime and real life people. Wut?? Twilight.  Nothing personal but it's Vampire Lite with a spritzer.  Cute for the teenybopper set but I like my vamps sexier and durrtier...hence, the move to True Blood.

Pairings you avoid?
Adult/child pairings.  

Warnings you avoid?
If someone says "my summery sucks" or something like that.  If you don't have the confidence in your summary, then I'm not going to find it in your story.

No.  Truth be told, I look at the number of hits that the story receives before I go to the reviews.

I don't care if a story has Mary Sues, Gary Stus, or Jilly Boos.  If it's a good story and I'm entertained, then I'm good.  People are way too anal retentive about this topic.  Breathe, dangit.

No...well, not intentionally.  Some will take an honest opinion as a flame and I've tried to be helpful to writers but I try to watch the high sididdy tone.

Oh boy...I could write a book about my flamers.  One flamer didn't like how I wrote my last story in the Inuverse and wanted me to add that humans were these jacked up on steroids or something chemically enhanced superbeings or some ole stupid crap and then flamed me when I wouldn't do it.  The last flamer I got was for a one shot and she said my story was dumb and people who liked it were idiots or something to that effect.  The funny thing about it she left her email address in her account and using it, I was able to track down her true identity on Facebook.  I could only imagine how her face looked when I replied back with her real name and city.  That witch went buh-bye.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 04:50:39 AM by Kagome357 » Logged
Cataclysma
Technical
Administrator
Muse

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2011, 10:14:43 AM »

I read more than write, though I have a few new ideas that I am considering writting down.

Dragonball Z

First ship?
Bulma/Vegeta

I started out using solely Fanfiction.net and Mediaminer.org, but have since started using Adultfanfiction.net, Dokuga.com, as well as another site that I'm kinda ashamed to say (type) aloud.

Right now, it's more of a site I glean things from. It's not my favorite, but some of my favorite authors still use it. Once in a blue moon, I will find something I really like on it. In the past, it had a HUGE place in fanfiction, but the quality of the site (and unfortunately, some of the authors) have gone down. Also a hot bed for plagiarists.

Dragonball Z, Inuyasha, Naruto, Final Fantasies VIII and IX (though the last three were general fics).

Pairings?
Pairings I've written in: Bulma/Vegeta, Inuyasha/Kagome, Sesshoumaru/Kagome

Pairings I read (or have read at some point) are: Bulma/Vegeta, Inuyasha/Kagome, Sesshomaru/Kagome, Naraku/Kagome, Sesshoumaru/Kagura, Miroku/Kagome, Sasuke/Sakura, Kakashi/Sakura, Itachi/Sakura, Neji/Sakura, Sai/Sakura, Kenshin/Kaoru, Alucard/Integra, Alucard/Seras, Dante/Lady, Vergil/Lady, Edward/Winry, Roy/Winry, Draco/Hermione, and a whole bunch others that I'm forgetting.

Dragon Age, though I can't bring myself to do it. It just seems like it'd be a Mary Sue fic.

I enjoy and consider every review, but if I am set on my course for a story, I usually tend to do my own thing.

Do you use a beta?
No.

M.

Lemon.

Do you have any squicks?
Most of my squicks are things I never realized I had until I encountered it in a fic.

No. Used to, though.

I've been inspired by certain fandoms, or I do a rendition of a tale, but I never steal anything.

Read: I don't have just one.
Write: Inuyasha, at the moment. Though I'm sure that may change lately, as I am rapidly losing interest in the fandom.

Favorite pairing?
Too many, though I guess the one I read the most lately is Inuyasha/Kagome.

Favorite writer/writers?
Quillwing717, volpa, Nora Jemison, Tally Mark, SilverShine, Rozefire, Linay

However long is necessary. Long chapters are nice, but as long as they have the right amount of substance in them. Not short enough to cut or speed things, but not long enough that it feels like it's been dragged out.

Write? No. Read? Yes.

Any fandoms you avoid?
Music or history fandoms. I never got the whole band fanfiction thing. Also history items such as the Bible fanfiction (which I know some may argue is not actual history) just seem wrong to me.

Pairings you avoid?
First that came to mind (probably because I was talking to Chaos about it recently): Al/Edward. Not because it's incest, but because I read mostly M fics, I can't even begin to fathom how...certain things would work when Al's in his big metal suit.

Warnings you avoid?
Usually yaoi. Not that I have anything against it per se, but it's just something I don't tend to read.

It really depends on where you're looking. On Fanfiction.net, I find the number of reviews are kinda important; since there is so many people that use the site, the number of reviews are helpful. On other, lesser known/popular sites, reviews really don't matter.

I will drop any story instantly if I find it contains Mary Sue-ism. Yes, I hate it a lot.

No. I don't find it as constructive at all. Not particularly for the author, but for me. Why waste my time writing why I hate a story when I can just exit the window and move on to a better one? 

Yep. During my DBZ writing days. I know the person meant to make me feel the hatred they had for my fic, but I ended up laughing. Flames can be fun.

My life has a superb cast, but I can't figure out the plot.

Blade Redwind
Fellowship of the Fic
Literary Nut

Honesty above all else, even love.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2011, 09:47:18 PM »

Both, but lately more writing than reading. Writing, especially my original work, takes up so much time. But, honestly, I've been gaming a bit more than writing in the last two months xD

Ohh.... um... darn, I think when I was... 13? Yeah, probably. The exact date it foggy. My first fanfic was actually written in a notebook and had a total mary sue for a female oc. You just wouldn't understand how poor little young me was so mad that Trunks never ended up with anyone ;_;... xP

DBZ and Sailor Moon equally! And to this day I'm still proud to call myself a Moonie!

First ship?

First favorite ship to read...? Trunk/Pan and Bulma/Vegeta

Fanfiction.net

I actually really like ff.net. I do hate that they took away the NC-17 rating, but, my whole opinion on that is if you don't need an ID to buy a romance you shouldn't to read an adult rated fic; also, to me fluffy romance fics where they replace words you wouldn't hear in front of most young children with words like lovebox (LOL) and shaff don't deserve anything higher than M. NC-17 is more like erotic fiction imo, but, that's just me.

Naruto, Buffy and Inu Yahsa.
I am and will always be a huge fan of Buffy/Spike. Ever since that episode in season 6 where she's sitting on the stairs crying because she found out her mother had a brain tumor (I think it was 6) and he comes to kill her and then it just all changes for him--again. The only thing predictable about Spike, after all, is his unpredictable behavior xD.

I did write a fic for Buffy, but, never finish it or my Inu fic. Both came down. The Inu fic was just too old, I'd lost the drive for it and--really--it was silly when I reread it. There was a lot with it I could have done better and do better now. The Buffy fic is almost finished, I've just lost the drive entirely. I do plan on editing it and finishing it one day.

Now, Naruto? I've written and--proudly--finished several fics in that series/manga; all of which are varying pairings I dabble with.

Pairings?

Sakura/Sasuke was my first kinda fave next to Hinata/Naruto and Naruto/Gaara. THese days I'm WAY more Sakura/Kakashi---BIG TIME

Hmm... Vampire Diaries and Twilight; Twilight because I've got this rad idea to rewrite the entire book, using the same story, but, make it way more interesting with my own twists. Vampire Diaries because I'm really into that series right now. I just think it needs more time on the air to really get me to do it... I need more background and depth on the already established characters; this is because almost any series I've ever gotten into I've done so right in the middle of the hype. So, it feels a little weird to write something from a series I've been with from the start.

Yes and no. In a field of business---and I say business because this will be my chosen career---where public opinion is money, let's face it... it does matter... to an extent. You should never write something because so and so convinced you you should change this; at least you shouldn't unless you believe it personally works for you and is a great idea. However, if you've got tons of people all telling you the same thing who don't even know each other, or, telling you hey, I really LOVED this--then yes! Reviews are important.

Do you use a beta?
Nope. Not because I don't think I need one. It's a combination of what FAe already said and because I've very... prickly. I don't get angry when someone tells me this sentence doesn't work or whatever, but, I just want to make sure the guy/gal editing my work knows as much about editing as I do or more. Or, at the very least they should admit this and not be a prick. I'm not saying betas are or anything... I'm just paranoid. It's my baby, but, I'm not opposed to changing or making it better under consultation ^,^

Plus, like Fae said---I like to get the chapter out there! ^,~

M,M,M, and more M! And NC-17 xP I only write M because I believe sex is another part of the relationship, that imo, is really important to read. When it's not there I feel as thought I've missed so much!

Rape. I did write this very serious Sakura/Kakashi fic that dealt with the damage of rape on not a female lead, but a male. I feel like writers cover the female perspective, but rarely what happens when rape happens to a man. It's a very deep and wonderful experience for me in my exploration of writing. I had to remain true to the character and the theme of the fic. It was hard.

Do you have any squicks?
MPREG all the way. I don't like it however you slice it. I also had play-fics where the whole thing it written like a bad script from the loose leaf binder of a 2nd grader. I also dislike it when pagination (Like centering the whole fic! It doesn't make it look cool! It's aggravating to try and read!) and grammar are really bad; that and when the characters speak in the same paragraph. >,< ARG!

YES! Well, I use to a lot, these days my rp well has somewhat dried up with my partner being busy busy. RP'ing actually, I think, made a better writer out of me and any writer could really improve their own stuff by doing so. It's like writing a book together all done on the fly. I highly recommend it.

Nope. I've gotten ideas, but, I've never outright coped and pasted someone's work and slapped my name on it.

Naruto!

Favorite pairing?
Sakura/Kakashi

Favorite writer/writers?
Nimblnymph, Silvershine, Tsunami, Leafygirl,... and a few others I can't recall off the top of my head.

My chapters generally run with industry novel standard: 2,500 words to 3,000. Sometimes they may go into the 4k-8k range, but, never any longer. I don't have a preference for that in what I read. Chapters, to me, close a scene like in a play; if you're just ending it for the sake of length and not really ending on a closed note, then, it's not really a complete chapter to me.

Um, nope. I like one-shots, but, that's about it for that.

Any fandoms you avoid?
Uh... not really. Ok, maybe One Piece... it's just not my cup of tea. I suppose I like alot, but, what I really like is so narrow that it's hard for me to say what I really AVOID. Oh and Twilight! BLEAH!

Pairings you avoid?
Hmm... Mostly just Lee/Sakura; and mainly only because I have yet to read one that isn't a crack pairing or something else sillier. Oh, and I really don't like Kakashi/Iruka just because it seems so obvious for any Naruto Yaoi fan to pair those two up. And I just don't think you should for the sake of Iruka seeming very motherly...

Warnings you avoid?
MPREG, again.

Yes and no. When I look up fics it's for a combination of a few things in this order: Pairing, Rating, Review number in relation to post date, summary quality and finally First five to twenty sentences. I generally filter my search to M and then pairing preference; then, I look at the review number and post date. If the review number is substantial in relation to the post date then I take a look. If the writing seems good and really draws me in? Then I'm hooked (unless it gets.. bad).

This is a funny question. I believe when we write, we write what we know, or, at least we should. It's one of the most common things you hear in writing: Write what you know. I think, to a degree, a Mary Sue is not a bad thing. It just really depends on how you/we define one. I think in a way we all place ourselves in shoes of our heroine or hero; it's hard not to; we all reflect ourselves into the protagonist. To me, a Mary Sue is someone that you wish you could be without fault or real depth; she is someone everyone loves and those who hate her are seen as cruel, horrible people who the reader winds up feeling should just burn in hell. But hey xD That's just me; and, I don't like them.

Um, no. oO Das bad; dun do that.

YES! I wrote this fic where Sakura pretended to be a guy to into an all boys school on a bet that she could prove Sasuke wasn't gay. For 90% of the story she's a guy and Sasuke falls in love with her as a man. So, it messes with your head a little bit if you're not into Yaoi; which, was my purpose: To show you could love someone regardless of gender. I'm evil I know. Anyway, I digress... This reader basically LOLed me to death about how he thought it was weird Sasuke was all thinking he was gay. Now, I don't deal with flamers by just emailing them. I generally respond to them publicly in my story because I feel it's fair game since their review is public. I wasn't an ass, but, suffice it to say I got my point across and he never returned.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 09:54:59 PM by Blade Redwind » Logged

'But, we are shinobi. We are resilient and proud of what we represent to the rest of the world. And we are better in many ways because of it. Remember, scars never go away; but, they remind you of what you've overcome, what you will continue to overcome and how you are stronger because of it.' -Torn
scarlet kitsune
Literary Nut

Madness is the gift that has been given to me.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2011, 01:46:47 AM »

I've been putting this off for a while o.<

I read almost 2 hours every day, and I write every once in a while.

reading in 2004, writing in 2007

Naruto or... Pokemon?

First ship?
Naruto and Sakura/ Naruto and Kyuubi... still my favorites too :3

Fanfiction.net mostly

I think it is decent, I just wish I could just look for a pairing or character, all fictions with them without having to go around a certain word, or if I do not make it so I have to go through like 5 sub-searches.... idk if that made sense

Naruto

Pairings?
NarutoxSakura NarutoxKyuubi NarutoxFemKyuubi GaaraxSakura NarutoxHarem NarutoxHinata SakuraxKakashi SakuraxSasuke AshxMisty

Nah just Naruto.... well maybe HOTD!

Personally I am more motivated to write when I feel people enjoy what I put out.

Do you use a beta?
No... I should though...

M/T

M - OOC - Dark - Bad Summary

Do you have any squicks?
Incest...

Use to, just xat... If anyone knows what it is...

If I have its been something I read years ago and I am not realizing it, I personally am all against plagerism...

NARUTO DX

Favorite pairing?
NarutoxSakura NarutoxKyuubi NarutoxFemKyuubi GaaraxSakura NarutoxHarem NarutoxHinata SakuraxKakashi SakuraxSasuke AshxMisty

Favorite writer/writers?
WAYYY TOO MANY, though one of my favorites is PudgyPudge, my all time favorite is... probably Blood Seraph, I love his/her writting

Not too short like 2 pages, but not like 40 either o.0 maybe like around 15/20.

Depends

Any fandoms you avoid?
I try to stay away from DBZ just cause I love the anime so much I don't wanna risk Fanfiction changing the image it has for me.

Pairings you avoid?
NarutoxSasuke... Im not big on any NarutoxMale but I'm not against it, just not something I look for, but Naruto and Sasuke... I dont know they just don't seem compatible.

Warnings you avoid?
Incest/Yaoi

Not really, I rarely ever even notice reviews.

Ehh... can do without... but whatever, too each their own.

No Cheesy

Like once, made me giggle, It wasn't even like an intelligent flame if I remember, just someone going off on me for no reason

"You may cry and plead, Scream my name if you wish, No one will save you."
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: