HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2017, 07:12:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search

News
FOR THOSE LOOKING TO REGISTER, please clickety here for information.

Stats
5642 Posts in 1967 Topics by 745 Members
Latest Member: Balthazars Revenge
+ 
|-+  Challenges & Prompts
| |-+  Rules and Submission Guidelines (Moderator: scottishfae)
| | |-+  January/Feburary 2010 Scavenger Hunt
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: January/Feburary 2010 Scavenger Hunt  (Read 3066 times)
Cataclysma
Technical
Administrator
Muse

View Profile
« on: January 24, 2010, 09:41:02 PM »

"So what is this Scavenger Hunt thingamajig?", you might be asking...

Well, this is the first The Readers Have Chosen event of the year--hopefully one of many--a sitewide Scavenger Hunt! Those who are interested in participating, please PM either one of the administrators, or post in this thread. You can only enter the contest if you are a member of RHC.

How it works: When the event 'officially' starts, you will receive an email with the Scavenger Hunt form. On the form, there are a total of 50 questions and one final question. All of the answers can be gathered from the RHC website and the RHC forum.

Now, before some of you freak out at the number of questions, let me clarify, the hunt is based on a point system:

Each of the first 30 questions on the form are worth 3 points,  and the last 20 questions are worth 1 point each. The final question is worth 10 points. The first three applicants to turn in their forms will receive a time bonus (1st will receive 30 points; 2nd will receive 25 points; and 3rd will receive 20 points). The maximum amount you can receive is 150 points. So while you don’t have to answer every question to win, you will have a better advantage over the other applicants if you do.

We're not so cruel as to have that many questions and not give out any aid. You will also have the option of requesting two hints from either myself or ChaosHat to help you on the hunt. The hints will merely be a clue as to where to look, and not the actual answer of the question.

Something else to note is that you will have the opportunity to solve three puzzles, which can be found in the text (i.e. hidden links) of some of the answers. This will help you with the final question.

When you finish the hunt, email it back to us and wait until the event's deadline. We will announce the winners shortly afterward on the forum after we go through each member's form and tally up the points.

So what will you get out of this by entering? The 5 contestants with the highest amount of points will recieve:

(Pardon the webcam pictures Undecided)

GRAND PRIZE:

A set of blank journals for writing. Or, if you're not a writer, a set of blank journals to gift someone else.

SECOND AND THIRD PLACE

Second place will receive a Borders Gift Card for $10.00

Third place will receive a Borders Gift Card for $5.00

FOURTH AND FIFTH PLACE

Specialized banners displaying your name and ranks. So you can lord it over the other RHC members. Grin

If you are one of the 5 highest scoring contestants, we will contact you before sending your prize.

That's it! Post or PM if your interested, or have any further questions.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 06:56:47 PM by Cataclysma » Logged

My life has a superb cast, but I can't figure out the plot.

Penthesileia
Fellowship of the Fic
Avid Reader

Even Death has a heart. (The Book Thief)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 08:17:21 PM »

I'm game.

"Writing is easy. You only need to stare at a blank piece of paper until your forehead bleeds." -Douglas Adams
Nival Vixen
New

Watch as I fly without wings

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2010, 04:59:11 PM »

I'll play ... well, try! XD

Good luck

~ All shall NV me. Or at the very least, worship me ~
Raine Tensai
New

A day without Yaoi goodness just isn't a good day

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2010, 03:10:07 PM »

sure I'm up for it. I just got my computer back after a nearly 8 month hiatus, so I'm sure I'll be clueless, but it sounds fun anyway lol

Never hold your farts in. They travel up your spine, into your brain, and that's where shitty ideas come from.
Cataclysma
Technical
Administrator
Muse

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2010, 09:48:05 AM »

An update for this contest: Chaos and I haven't started yet because we were hoping on receiving at least 10 contestants. The period might be extended indefinitely until we get that amount (we'll email everyone who have entered before announcing the start). But the title will most likely be shortened to RHC Scavenger Hunt.  Wink

My life has a superb cast, but I can't figure out the plot.

werewolfsfan
Fanart Scout
Avid Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2010, 10:55:44 AM »

I'll give it a go!

The Lady Meow
Fellowship of the Fic
Fiction Junkie

I'm an acquired taste

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2010, 11:14:06 AM »